Search and Get Your Dream Job (Part Time / Full Time)
Indian Railway is largest employment source in India. It has divided into 16 zones across India. The recruitment process made easier by the RRB department. There is 4 group (Group A, Group B, Group C and Group D) which under recruitment notification issued and candidate get selected. Each group selection criteria is predefined and post for which selected is also written in the RRB recruitment procedure form.
Group A This is the most sought-after service. This group is responsible for the overall administrative, technical and managerial function associated with the Rail transport. The recruitment is through UPSC involving written examination and interview. There is three examination system for entry in Railways namely 1. IAS and allied services 2. Indian Engineering Services 3. Medical Services Examination
Railway Recruitment Group A Vacancies
Recruitment of Group ‘A’ Officers are made through:
1. Competitive examination held by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Promotion of officers in Group B.
2. Promotion of Officers from Group ‘B’ Service.
3. By appointment of candidates initially recruited as Special Class Apprentices by U.P.S.C. for recruitment to Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers.
4. By transfer of an officer in service of the Government.
5. By the occasional admission of other qualified persons in consultation with the U.P.S.C.
UPSC recruits probationers for the following 10 organized Railway services:
(a) Civil Services Examination for
- Indian Railway Traffic Service(IRTS)
- Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS)
- Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS)
- Railway Protection Force
(b) Engineering Services Examination for:
- Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE)
- Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers(IRSME)
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers(IRSEE)
- Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers(IRSEE)
- Indian Railway Stores Service (IRSS)
(c) Medical Services Examination for:
- Indian Railway Medical Service(IRMS)